Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Harkness Vortex Manipulator In Transit

With all of the fun at the recent Gallifrey One Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles, I have redirected some of my attention toward this piece, which has been on my list of things to make for some time now.



Some of the good folks over at the RPF drew up the parts and uploaded them to shapeways a while back, so it was just a matter of going there and ordering the parts. They should be in my hands in a few days.

Then comes the hard part, making the leather bits. I'm thinking I'm going to commission our man Kai Norman to make it for me. Depending on his schedule, I may end up taking a stab at it myself, now that I see how thin the leather involved is. There's a good chance my sewing machine would be able to handle that. We shall see.

No comments: