Sunday, February 12, 2012

Arkham City Grapple Gun - First One Done

A bit of a happy-dance is going on right now over here in Irvine over the completion of my first Grapple Gun. I would say overall it turned out OK. The fit and finish of this piece is not quite where I would like it to be, but seeing as how it needs to be delivered to the set today for filming, I figured it would be ok.

That's right.

I said "delivered to the set today for filming." In a very interesting twist of fate, this piece is going to be used in an independent film. I can't really say anything else right now, as it's pretty hush-hush, but I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.



You'll notice of course that the gun is painted with Krylon semi-flat black, which is NOT representative of the color scheme seen in the game. I know that. However, the director of the film asked for one in all black, so I delivered.



The real upside of this 'quick' build is that I learned a lot about how the whole thing fits together, and I will be applying that knowledge to the other two that I am building right now.

No comments: