Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tear Down Progress - Aug 2, 2011

Even though today was not supposed to be a work day for me and the Caprice, my enthusiasm won the day.

I started by removing the drivers side front door. After having done the passenger side door the hard way, I was able to remove this one pretty easily.



Next up was the drivers side front fender, which was attached to the bumper. This all came off at once.



Revealing the big bar of steel underneath the soft vinyl bumper.



Which was them promptly removed.



I think I'm at a point right now where there is not a whole lot more I can do without a reciprocating saw, which means it's just about time for another trip to home depot. Most of the remaining pieces are welded together, so there's nothing really to unbolt.

No comments: