Monday, November 22, 2010

Multipass Build and Tutorial Complete!

After YEARS AND YEARS of sitting on the project workbench, I have FINALLY finished a complete build up of the Fifth Element MultiPass!

UPDATE: If you are interested in a kit of this prop, I have a few available. Please email me at jablonskyexpress _at_ yahoo _dot_ com.



Check it:





Here is the online tutorial where I document every single step involved in the build up of this kit.

I think I actually started this project sometime around 2003. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been working on it steadily since then! It was definitly birthed in fits and starts. I did a run of pass kits earlier in the year, and just now finally got around to doing a build up of my own. It's been a long road, but I'm very happy with the results. I'm quite confident in saying that it is the best, most accurate multipass available to the collector today. I have seen a few others out there, but they don't come close. Yay!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered building the Korben Dallas blaster? It's my favorite gun from the movie.

MattMunson said...

Yes, the Korben gun is one of my "holy grail" props. I have a really clean casting of a screen used stunt gun, and that keeps me happy for now. But someday I will take a run at it. I have too many other projects going on right now that take priority though :)

Alan M said...

I have been searching for a kit lying somewhere in the US for almost a year an a half now, as I want to make this for my wife. Fifth Element being her FAVORITE, and let me stress favorite movie and all, but after nearly 18 months of deep searching, I have come to no avail..and no way of contacting you other than to comment. Would you know where I could get my hands on one?

MattMunson said...

email sent!

Unknown said...

Hey Matt. I was hoping to create an image for my CapitalOne card by modifying the amazing work you've already done. How can I get at the artwork? I'm a graphic designer so I can use PSD/AI or any other format you might have made it in. Many thanks.

MattMunson said...

Hey Matt! Great initials, by the way :D Your best bet is to start from scratch. The artwork I put together for my pass took about four years of research and hard work to perfect, so I hope you'll understand that it's not the type of thing I give away for free. The good news is that there's plenty of great reference available on the web, and I'm sure you'll do a killer job of your custom graphics.