Saturday, April 17, 2010

More Graphics Work

I noticed some TINY issues with the graphics that I got from costco. When I cut along the lines I had inserted into the graphics, they didn't quite fit PERFECTLY. I went into adobe illustrator and adjusted them slightly. I think when I switched to version 2.0 of the body kit, I didn't update the graphics. There were some minor changes to the body shapes. All fixed now.

I have since rendered new versions of the graphics, and am about to send them off to Costco for printing. I will probably pick them up tomorrow. If all goes well and they fit perfectly, I will consider that part of the project complete, and move ahead with getting a bunch of them printed.

For what it's worth, I asked the folks at Costco who do the photo processing, and when you upload your photos online, the entire printing process is automated. Nobody does any hand cropping or resizing or anything like that. So in theory, the results I am getting with my graphics should be repeatable. It is a little bit tricky, because even though they don't do any MANUAL cropping or resizing, there is some done by the machine. It tends to make the photos about an 1/8" bigger, and crops slightly to the upper left hand corner. I know, that's weird, but I find it interesting

No comments: