Friday, October 23, 2009

More Urethane Fun.

Mixed news on the Urethane front, though most of it is not positive. I'll start with the good news.

It looks like my technique for adding the straps AFTER The belt has cured is working out well. The stuff bonds to itself really well.



I got my first pull out of the chest emblem mold only to learn that it is chock full of bubbles. Not cool at all.



And my latest pull from the belt mold also had some bubbles in it. So the popsicle stick technique did not work either.



My next attempt will be to use baby powder in the mold. This is usually the default maneuver, but I have assumed that baby powder will not work well with pigmented stuff. Idea is that it will ruin the surface pigment. I am not sure, but that's where I'm going next.

No comments: