Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fabric Update

Last week, a couple of pieces of fabric arrived, but they stayed in my car for a few days. I finally had a chance to unload them and take a look.



These are the two pieces of cotton interlock I ordered from www.denverfabrics.com. Good news and bad news. Bad news is that the "red orange jersey knit" is too orange. Good news is that the "Red Jersey Knit" is really nice. The extra good news is that both fabrics are a little wider than advertised, and will cover the entire mold quite nicely.

In other news, work continues on mixing up the perfect batch of latex. Color is just right, but it's a little dark. So I'm mixing in a little bit of fresh latex, and then testing. Testing takes a little time, as it requires three coats, with dry time in between. And I usually get distracted after two coats. So it takes time.

BUT, I am getting there. The pieces are really all in place right now for me to produce my first full test cape. Well, I still need to source material for the stabilizer flap, but that's the least of my worries right now. The big thing at the moment is getting that color match.

No comments: