Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Fabric Arrives - It's A Winner!

Got my first fabric shipment in the mail today, and I must confess that I am VERY pleased. This is the Christmas Red stuff I ordered from Hancock Fabrics. Here is the post where I link to the site.



This stuff is 118" wide, so there's PLENTY of extra room. I like that. The color is very nice. It's a TINY bit more orange than my reference swatch, but only a tiny bit. It's a very bold red, and that's really what I was going for. Again, I like to think that nobody will be walking around with color swatches to compare the inside of my cape to, so I think I'll be safe if it's a little different.

The weave is also pretty good, though not quite as heavy as I would have preferred. Don't get me wrong, this is a great fabric, and I feel lucky that I nailed it so closely on the first try. That is ultra cool. But for those of you who have read my blog for any length of time, you know what a nut-job perfectionist I can be.

No comments: