Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Begins Belt - Sanding the Lil' Bits

I noticed something interesting about myself tonight. Don't get me wrong, there's PLENTY of things that are interesting about me, but this one kind of caught me off guard.

I was reminded of the fact that I am better at doing repetitive, menial tasks when I am really tired. It must have been about 1:30 AM when I started working on the belt tonight, and the next task queued up was sanding the backs of the link pieces, and sanding the little faux metal pieces that get attached to the brackets. There's lots of them, and it takes a couple of mintues to get each one done.

Under normal conditions, I would probably do about five of them, then get frustrated over how slowly things were going, and I would step away to do something else. But tonight, I was like a tedium machine! I just kept going, and plowed through the entire stack.

Here's a close up of the links that are now all nice and clean on their back sides:



And here are the little metal buggers I was speaking about:



Not a spectacular load of work for tonight, but about an hours worth of effort. Oh, I also sanded down the back of the "gear" that goes into the center of the buckle tonight. It will need a little fine tuning, as it doesn't quite drop smoothly into the buckle, but that's not a problem.

That's all for tonight, and that brings the blog up to date for this build.

No comments: