Monday, May 11, 2009

Cape Mold Progress

I am behind on posting, and this picture is out of date. But here it is anyway:



When I took this photo, I was about half way done laying down the first layer of fiberglass over the rubber mold.

At the time of this writing, I am about half way done putting down the SECOND layer of fiberglass. And that's all I'm going to do, by the way. It's not entirely rigid, but it's rigid enough.

Timing of this has all been pretty wacky, as my fiberglass supplies did not show up until VERY late. I suppose it all comes out in the wash, as Burman Foam dropped the ball on shipping me THEIR supplies, so it's not like I have a pipeline constraint or anything. I would have loved for this to go faster, but at the end of the day, it's still getting done.

I've given myself a hard stop of the end of the month to get the fabric run. If I don't get it done by then, it simply won't get done. More details on that morbid-sounding conclusion later.

No comments: