Thursday, January 22, 2009

Look At The Colors!!

I've been trying to color match the cape. I'll have to give it back eventually, but before I do, I would like to have a really solid record of what the colors are, so that I don't have to just eyeball them when I go to make my own.

To that end, my first stop was Lowes, where I grabbed as many paint samples as I could that were sort of close to the colors on the cape.



Frankly, none of them were very close. They were all off in significant ways. Rather than keep going down that road, I broke down and ordered a pantone color book. It's not the latest version, and it's not the complete set, but I think this will be good for a number of projects. It's a handy little thing to have, well... handy.



The guide should be here in a few days, at which point I'll try to match up the colors. Should be fun.

In the mean time, I'm going to have to start poking around to see how I can get the fabric dyed properly for the inside of the cape.

No comments: